2.11.2006

Back in the Saddle Again

It's a new week, and we're mostly healthy and back on track with running, milk consumption, and housework.

The Swadfather stayed home from davenning this morning and surprised me with a clean kitchen. I took Speedy with me, and missed most of the service while trying to give him a bottle, feeling like the meanest mommy in the world for insisting that he take pumped milk instead of the real deal. (He has been refusing bottles for days. I was starting to fear that I wouldn't get more than two hours away from him until he starts solids! So, we finally decided that today had to be the day. Crying all around, and I relented and nursed him.)

At Shabbos lunch, Letter A's mom made me feel somewhat better about the bottle-feeding thing, reminding me that Speedy is his own little person who has his own reactions to things. Even if he's only 12 weeks old, I am not entirely in control of his moods, appetites, etc. And by the way, what made me think he would take a bottle from me, of all people?!

After a nap and havdallah, I went to the gym and did 2.75 mi. on the treadmill. Even with the remnants of sinus nastiness, I was able to run for almost half an hour without a walk break. Meanwhile, the Swadfather coaxed Speedy into taking about 5 oz. from a bottle. And there was much rejoicing. Yay.

No comments: